Trail of Buddha trip India
10 nights/11 days
Day 01: Arrival New Delhi airport/Railway station
Upon arrival met & greet at the airport by us and transfer to your pre-booked hotel. After wash-n-change we will take you for short combined sightseeing of Old and New Delhi today we will take you for sightseeing of New Delhi points and visit to Qutab Minar, By Pass India Gate, Presidential House, and Parliament House. New Delhi - the capital of modern India. Many dynasties and rulers flourished on its royal ground over the past 3,000 years. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: New Delhi - Varanasi (By Train Shivganga Express at 18.25)
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Jama Masjid, Red Fort, Bhai Temple (Lotus Temple), Raj Ghat and Akshardham Temple complex. Later in the evening transfer to railway station to board the train to Varanasi. Overnight on the train.
Day 03: Varanasi - Sarnath (12 km one way)
On arrival at Varanasi met by our representative and transfer to hotel. Check in and later departure for Sarnath, where Buddha preached his first sermon after enlightenment. It was here that he proclaimed the four noble truths and the eightfold path. Examination of the remains of monasteries built in the third century BC, the legacy of the once thriving monastic community. Visit to Sarnath ASI Museum and Bodhi Statue. Return to the hotel for overnight at the hotel.
Day 04: Varanasi - Bodhgaya (245 kms / 8 hrs)
Early morning before sunrise, about 5:00 in the morning you will go to a boat cruise on the Ganges. Meeting of dawn to the sound of the bells and shells, which is reached by services in the temples, situated on the coast. Return to hotel for breakfast. After breakfast drive to Bodh Gaya, on arrival transfer to hotel check in this is the place where the Buddha attained enlightenment at the age of 29. Boddhi Tree under which Buddha sat, is still there. Visit the Mahabodhi Temple, Niranjana River and Sujata village. Overnight stay at Bodhgaya.
Day 05: Bodhgaya - Rajgir - Nalanda - Patna (180 kms / 6.5 hrs)
Post early breakfast drive to Patna en route covering the sightseeing of Rajgir- the seat of Lord Buddha & Mahavira for many years. On arrival visit to Jarasand Akhara, Vulture Peak or Gridha kuta –the favourite place for Lord Buddha for meditation and the site of some important discourses. Here is also Venuvana - the site of the monastery built by King Bimbisara for Lord Buddha's residence. Continue your journey and visit to Nalanda the oldest most organized and disciplined university for higher learning with courses available for almost every field be it astronomy, science, medicine, metaphusics, philosophy, Samkhya, Yoga Shastra, the veda and scripture of Buddhism. Nalanda, 10 km from Rajgir known for its monastic university, which at one time played a central role in the development of Buddhism in India, its development is the fact that it had an enrollment of 10,000 students in 2000 under the supervision of teachers. Arrival at Patna check in & overnight at the hotel.
Day 06: Patna - Vaishali - Kushinagar (245 kms / 8 hours)
After breakfast proceed to Kushinagar en route sightseeing of Vaishali. Vaishali was the capital city of the Licchavi, one of world's first republics, in the Vajjian Confederacy (Vrijji) mahajanapada, around the 6th century BC. It was here in 599 BCE the 24th Jain Tirthankara, Bhagwan Mahavira was born and brought up in Kundalagrama in Vaishali republic, which makes it a pious and auspicious pilgrimage to Jains. Also Gautama Buddha preached his last sermon before his death in ca 483 BCE, then in 383 BCE the Second Buddhist council was convened here by King Kalasoka, making it an important place in both Jain and Buddhist religions.
In commemoration of the Emperor Ashoka one of the pillars with lions has been erected here. Continue your drive to Kushinagar. On arrival hotel check. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 07: Kushinagar - Lumbini (165 kms / 4 hours)
After breakfast visit the stupa and the temple of Nirvana with a 6 meter high statue of Buddha, dating back to Vth century BC. Then departure to Lumbini. One of the most important places of pilgrimage for Buddhists is Lumbini, located in Nepal close by India border. This is where the royal family was born as Prince Siddhartha Gautam. Emperor Ashoka has built the famous Ashokan Pillar. Then visit to Maya Devi Temple believed to be located on the same spot where Lord Buddha’s Mother Maya Devi gave birth to Buddha, an important reminder of the birth place of Buddha. Upon arrival transfer to hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 08: Lumbini - Shravasti (205 kms / 6 hrs)
After breakfast visit to Sacred Lake Pushkarni, Buddhist temple, and departure for Shravasti. With the VI century BC to VI century BC Shravasti was the capital of Kosala kingdom. Tradition says that Buddha spent 24 seasons here. Upon arrival transfer to hotel.
Day 09: Sravasti - Lucknow (180 kms / 5 hrs) –Agra (By Train Intercity Departing at 13:30 hrs)
After and breakfast & quick sightseeing of Mahet Sahet.- Saheth-Maheth together with adjacent sites-Orajhar, Panahiajhar and Kharahuwanjhar the earliest references of the city are available in Ramayana and Mahabharata as a prosperous city in the kingdom of Kosala. Panini in his Ashtadhyayi makes a mention of Kosala while Pali Buddhist literature also makes numerous references to Kosala, its history and society. In the Puranas, it is described as the capital of North Kosala. It is said to have derived its name from a legendary king Sravasta. Drive to Lucknow Railway station to reach on time enabling you to board the intercity train leaving at 3:30 PM. On arrival Agra Cantt Railway station received by our representative & will be transferred to you hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 10: Agra-New Delhi (By surface)
In the early morning take a sightseeing of sunrise tour of Taj Mahal- (TAJ MAHAL REMAIN CLOSED ON FRDAY) the Epitome of Stone built by Emperor Shah Jahan in the fond memory of his beloved wife Mumtaj Mahal. Return to the hotel. Breakfast & check out drive to New Delhi visiting Agra Fort-The Huge Fort just 2.5 kms away from Taj Mahal. The Fort can be described more accurately as walled city. Continue to your journey to Sikandra Fort- the Mausoleum of Emperor Akbar. Reach New Delhi hotel check in & overnight at Hotel.
Day 11: New Delhi (Departure)
Transfer to the New Delhi International airport/Railway station for onward flight.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|New Delhi||Hotel Sahej Inn||Hotel Bon Lol Inn||Hotel Madhuban|
|Varanasi||Ajaya Hotel||Hotel Siddharth||Hotel Grapevine|
|Bodhgaya||Hotel Orchid Annexe||Hotel Lumbini International||Hotel Taj Darbar|
|Patna||The Corporate Residence||The Corporate Inn Ashiana||Gargee Grand|
|Kushinagar||Prince Guest House||Hotel Adelphi Grand||Hotel Imperial|
|Lumbini||Peace Palace||Siddharth Guest House||Hotel Nirvana|
|Sravasti||The Shravasti Residency||The Shravasti Residency||The Shravasti Residency|
|Agra||Hotel Prasant Palace||Hotel Karan Vilas||Hotel Grand|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 32990||₹ 35500||₹ 43500|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 7100||₹ 9890||₹ 12990|
|Child without bed||₹ 5500||₹ 6599||₹ 9600|
- Accommodation at above mentioned hotels or Similar in base category rooms.
- Assistance upon arrival and departure by our representative.
- Bed Tea, Buffet/Fixed Menu Breakfast.
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC Indigo car or Similar as per above program.
- Toll taxes, Parking charges, drive allowance, Interstate taxes.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Airfare/Train Fare
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees, Guide/Escort charges and Insurance cover.
- Anything other than not included in the above “Inclusions” sections.
- The service of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.
Extensions of tour programme or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Govt service tax.
- Valid till March 2018.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy.
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year.
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason.
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis.
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- Carry good quality camera along as the places are very attractive and would tempted for good photography.Respect the sanctity of the local.
- The infrastructure of some sector may not be very advance and one should not expect and match the facility with the city & other developed destinations. Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires to allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.
- The distance and the traveling time mentioned in the itinerary are considered to give you an Idea of the distance and traveling time and excludes of sightseeing duration at given location. The journey time may increase or decrease based on the travelling conditions.