Best trip to North-East India.
05 nights/06 days
Day 01:Bagdogra Airport/NJP Station-Gangtok
Pick-up from Bagdogra airport/NJP railway station to be taken to Gangtok (5500 ft) -the Land of the Pristine and unspoilt natural beauty of Sikkim, with alpine landscapes and thick luxuriant forests, rivers in torrent and peaceful lakes, a journey 130kms & takes 5hrs to reach Gangtok, arrive at the hotel & check-in. Relax & refresh yourself & then walk to the mall which is just 5 minutes away & overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 02:Gangtok-Tsomgo Lake-Gangtok
After breakfast, proceed to Tsomgo Lake (12,313 ft), a 40kms drive which takes 2.5 hrs. This lake is located very close to Nathula Pass which is the entry point to China termed as the “Silk Route & remains frozen for most parts of the year. Legend has it that the Lamas use to forecast the future by studying the colour of the lakes waters. Enjoy the surroundings, majestic snowy peaks which feed the lake and the clean fresh air, back to Gangtok by 3 pm for a late lunch. Evening free for leisure or go shopping for Sikkimese traditional handicrafts & overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 03:Gangtok- Pelling
(0900hrs-1400hrs) After breakfast, visit to Cottage Industries, Started during the time of the Chogyals of Sikkim, as a venture to preserve, protect and propagate the authentic Sikkimese arts, handicrafts and skills of local and village artisans, it has become one of the major attractions for people visiting Sikkim where beautiful souvenirs like carpets, hand carved tables (choktses), traditional handcrafts, furniture, handlooms carpets and other products are produced & exhibited for sale. Flower Show, at one end and below the Ridge Park is the Flower Exhibition Centre which holds the annual Orchid show. Inside the area is not very large but it has amazing collections of flowers of many different types, if you are a flower lover, then this is the place for you. But the best time is between March to June when the Orchids are in full bloom and put on display, Do-Drul Chorten (Stupa) which is one of the most important stupas of Sikkim, built by the head of the Nyingma order- Trullshi Rimpoche in 1945. It contains rare details of Dorji Phupa, Holy Books, Mantras and is encircled by 108 prayer wheels; The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology built in 1958 in traditional style, a renowned worldwide centre for the study of the Mahayana Buddhist philosophy & religion, a treasure house of rare “Thankas”, statues, over 200 Buddhist icons and prized objects of art & finally Ban Jhakhri Waterfalls. Return back to the hotel for lunch.
After lunch, proceed to Pelling (6800 Ft), a 5 hour journey (112 kms) via Ravangla (6800 Ft), a small township & transit point to various destinations in South & West Sikkim, situated at the base of Meenam Hill (10300 Ft).
Arrive at Pelling by late evening & check-in at Hotel. This is one of the closest points to the Kanchenjunga range & one can see it upfront touching the sky from Pelling & overnight stay at Pelling.
Day 04:Pelling- Darjeeling
Leave early for the Khecheopalri Lake, also called the “Wish Fulfilling Lake”. It lies in a depression surrounded by prayer flags & forested hills & then go to the Rimbi Falls, Rock Garden & Khangchendzonga waterfalls.
After lunch, proceed to Darjeeling (7100 ft), a 72kms drive taking around 3-4hours to reach, the “Queen of the hill stations”, its name derived from “Dorje-Line” which means the place of “Dorje”, the mystic thunderbolt. After a very scenic drive thru the mountains, tea gardens etc. Reach Darjeeling by evening & check-in at the hotel.
Spend the evening lazing around or walk up to the mall area & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 05:Darjeeling (Full day local sightseeing)
Start the day at 4am with an early morning trip to Tiger Hill (7800 Ft) to catch the sunrise from behind the majestic Kunchenjunga range. On the way return back visit the Ghoom Monastery & Batasia Loop, back to the hotel for breakfast.
(09:00 AM TO 05:00PM) After breakfast, proceed for a half day Darjeeling local sightseeing of the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Ropeway, Zoo, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugees Self Help Centre, Tea Garden (outer view) & Japanese Temple. Back to the hotel by evening; take a walk to “Chowrasta” the centre point of the Mall area. You can do some window shopping & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 06:Darjeeling-IXB Apt/ NJP Rly Station(72 kms/ 3.5 hrs)
After breakfast, checkout from the hotel & proceed to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station for onwards destination.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Gangtok||Comfort Inn||Viceroy Le Premula -Exe||Mount Siniolchu-Premium|
|Pelling||Snow View Pelling/Green Valley||Pacchu Village||Chestnut Retreat|
|Darjeeling||North Star||The Retreat-dlx||Pine Tree Resort|
Tour Price: (minimum 4 persons traveling together)
|Package Price||Standard||Deluxe||Luxury* (3* dlx/4*)|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 11990||₹ 16900||₹ 19990|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 4190||₹ 6590||₹ 10190|
|Child without bed||₹ 2000||₹ 4200||₹ 6890|
* With Breakfast and dinner. (Half Board)
In case upgraded to a mix of 01 AC Innova/Xylo/Scorpio for Transfers & SS, add Rs. 3490 to the total cost.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Bed Tea, Buffet/Fixed menu breakfast.
- The luxury package is with Dinner as well.
- All transfers & sightseeing by 01 NAC Wagon R/NAC Sumo Ex Bagdogra/NJP which is not on disposal, but point-to-point.
- Gangtok Local Sightseeing would be by 01 NAC Wagon R (02 Pax) 02 NAC WagonR (04 Pax and above).
- This package is valid for Indian passport holders only.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Entrance/Guide/camera fees, expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, beverages, Insurance cover etc.
- Visit to Nathula Pass (Indo-China Border) @ Rs. 6800/- extra on the total cost by NAC Sumo
- Joy ride on the toy train in Darjeeling @ Rs.550/- per person + Vehicle cost 650.
- En-route visit to Chardham (Namchi) @ 2300 per vehicle on and above.
- Visit to Gurudongmar Lake (Lachen) @ 3500 per vehicle extra on an above.
- Any difference arising due to increase in fuel price or change in taxes levied by the government.
- Any difference arising due to mishaps, bandhs/strikes, natural calamities like landslides, road blockages etc. In such a case, the extra cost would have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Anything other than not included in the above “Inclusions” sections.
- Govt service tax.
- Valid till March 2018.
- In case of honeymoon trip ask for Honeymoon kit. The same can be organized at a very nominal fees.
- There will be supplement charges for room heater if available and on direct payable basis.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport. Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
- The infrastructure of that sector is not very advanced & one should not expect & match the facility with the city & other developed destinations. Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires and allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.