Temples of South India
06 nights/07 days
Day 01: Arrival Chennai
Upon arrival at Chennai meet and assist at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Check in wash-n-change proceed for sightseeing of Chennai. Chennai is perfectly blend of landmarks buildings, long sandy sunny beaches, great cultural art, palaces and parks. The City one of the four major metro is the state capital of Tamil Nadu. The city is the sixth largest populated in India and is known as the “Detroit of India’ because most of the automobile industries is located here.
Explore the city and find out some of the fascinating attractions visit to Fort St George Church which is a great place to explore the arms and uniforms of various rank used by British Army. Marina Beach is known as the second longest beach of the world. Kapaleeshwarar temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is built in Dravian style. Visit to Chennai Government museum should must be in your list located in the heart of the city has huge collection from the field of arts, science and Geology. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Chennai-Kanchipuram-Mahabalipuram (150 kms/4 hrs)
After breakfast leave for Mahabalipuram en route sightseeing of Kanchipuram. Kanchipuram or the city of temples known to be one of the seven sacred cities of India. The city is known for its Silk Sarees and temples. Upon arrival at Kanchipuram you will visit to Shri Kamakshi Amman Temple dedicated to Devi Shakti, Shri Ekambaranthar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva fine example of local ancient architecture, Kailasanathar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva belongs to 8th Century later proceed to Mahabalipuram. Upon arrival hotel check in. The Mahabalipuram temples are situated within 400 mts from the sea the temples are cut out of large rocks. These are Shore temple has a great aesthetic value but most of the walls have been swept away by the tidal waves and during Tsunami. Also visit to Arjuna’s Penance and Rathas. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Mahabalipuram-Thiruvanamalai (150 kms/3.5 hrs)-Puducherry (110 kms/3 hrs)
After breakfast leave early in morning and proceed to Thiruvanamalai upon arrival sightseeing of Arunachaleshwar Temple Kulam located on the hills of Annamalai Hill dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshipped in the form of fire next in your itinerary will be Adi Annamalai this too is a part of Annamalai Hills and also dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshipped here as a form of Arunachaleshwar. Continue to Puducherry which was earlier known as Pondicherry. Upon arrival hotel check in. Pondicherry is a former French Colony which was ruled under French till 1954 and is one of the most beautiful tourist destination to explore something new since it is highly influenced by French culture. Visit to Beach Promenade, Shri Aurobindo Ashram and Auroville. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04: Puducherry-Thanjavur (Tanjore) -Tiruchirappalli (225 kms/6 hrs)
After breakfast leave for Tiruchirappalli also refer as Trichy. The Trichy is known as the city of Rock Forts and Temples situated on the bank of Cauvery River is the fourth largest town in Tamil Nadu. Trichy city is a thriving commercial center of Tamil Nadu which is famous for artificial diamonds, cigars, handloom cloth, and glass bangles and wooden and clay toys. On the other hand the Thanjavur located on the Cauvery belt is regarded as the Rice bawl of Tamil Nadu having fertile basin for crop cultivation. It is equally rich in Art and Craft, Culture, Music and architecture it is considered as the home of Bharat Natyam Dance form also has roots for Carnatic Music. Explore the glorious past of this captivation city in the form of Temples. Visit to ancient Brihadeeswarara Temple or Tanjore Temple built in 10th century. The heights of the temple’s Vimana is about 65 m which is the tallest tower in South Asia. Unique thing about this temple is it never cast a shadow at noon during any period of the year. There is a Gigantic Statue of the Nandi the bull which guards the inner Shrine. The temple is also listed in UNESCO world Heritage Site. Another landmark of the city is Thanjavur Palace having being renovated is a royal palace built by Nayaks 15 & 16th century the two of the palace gallery among many others not to be missed are Saraswati Mahal Library Museum and Art gallery. Upon arrival hotel at Tiruchirappalli check in and sightseeing. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Tiruchirappalli-Rameshwaram (235 kms/5.5 hrs)
After breakfast leave for Rameshwaram. Upon arrival hotel check in. Rameshwaram is an auspicious place it’s a part of 12 Jyotirlinga and center of attractions for Hindu devotees across the world. It’s saga is as old as Hindu Epic Ramayana this is the place where Lord Rama placed Shiva Lingam to worship Lord Shiva for defeating Ravana before venturing to Sri Lanka. Later after killing Ravana a sage has advised to establish a Shiva Linga to get rid of sin for Ravana Killing and the task for bringing the Shivalinga was offered to Lord Anjaneya. But he got delayed and Sita formed as Shivalinga with the sand and was established. Upon arrival seeing this Lord Anjaneya was disappointed thus Rama advised to set up the Shiva Lingam which was named as Vishwalinga. The Rameshwaram Island is linked through Pambam Bridge from the mainland India. The Pambam Bridge is one of the engineering marvelous which is about 100 years old and the double leaf bascule functions well till date withstanding the saline water and it can be raised to let ships go. The main attraction of Rameshwaram is Ramanathaswamy Temple which is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga dedicated to Lord Shiva. The architectural excellence was built in 17th Century. Ramanathaswamy Temple houses the longest temple corridor in the world, which is 197 meters long and 133 meters broad and stands with 1200 massive granite columns. Others must visit place is Jada Tirtham is a sacred Pond where Lord Rama is believed to have washed his jata or the Matted Hair located on the way to Dhanushkodi Village, Dhanushkodi Temple literally means “end of the bow” is located at the end of the Island tip. Other notable places associated with Ramayana are Lakshmana Tirtham a divine pond close to Ramanathaswamy Temple, Jatayu Tirtham Temple a temple dedicated to Jatayu who sacrifices his life saving Sita Ji while Ravana abducted her.
Day 06: Rameshwaram-Madurai (170 kms/4 hrs)
After breakfast leave for Madurai. Upon arrival hotel check in. Madurai is one of the second largest City of Tamil Nadu. Madurai is dotted with temples with colorful Gopuram and is regarded among the ancient cities of India. It was the capital of the Pandyan Kingdom one of the most important attraction is Meenakshi Amman temple also known as the temple of thousand pillars other notable attractions are Gandhi Museum here we can find the blood spotted final dress of Gandhiji. Also visit to Thirupparankundram Murugan Temple. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 07: Madurai Departure
After breakfast on time transfer to the Airport/Railway station for onward journey.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Chennai||Hotel Nayagra||Hotel Chariot||Hotel Clarion|
|Mahabalipuram||Mamalla Inn||Hotel Sea Breeze||Ideal Beach Resort|
|Puducherry||MGR Regency||Abhiramy Residency||Ananda Inn|
|Tiruchirapalli||Susee Park||Ramyas Hotel||SRM hotel|
|Rameshwaram||SDM Golden Tower||Daiwik Hotel||Daiwik Hotel|
|Madurai||The G0lden Park||Hotel Supreme||Heritage Madurai|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 17500||₹ 20190||₹ 25590|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 3980||₹ 5590||₹ 9490|
|Child without bed||₹ 3980||₹ 4500||₹ 6990|
- Accommodation at above mentioned hotels or Similar in base category rooms.
- Welcome refreshing drink upon arrival (Non Alcoholic)
- Daily bed tea, breakfast.
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC Indigo/Dzire Car/Etios/Similar vehicle as per above program.
- Toll taxes, Parking charges, drive allowance, Interstate taxes.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Airfare/Train Fare
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees, Guide/Escort charges and Insurance cover.
- Anything other than not included in the above “Inclusions” sections.
- The service of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.
Extensions of tour programme or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Govt service tax.
- Valid till March 2018.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport. Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
- The infrastructure of that sector is not very advanced & one should not expect & match the facility with the city & other developed destinations. Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires and allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.