Shillong and Majuli Island Trip
05 nights/06 days
Day 01: Guwahati-Shillong (100 kms/3 hrs)
Upon arrival at Guwahati Airport/Railway station meet and assistance and drive to Shillong. Shillong is the capital of Meghalya which means “abode of clouds. Located comfortable at 100 kms the Shillong is called as “Scotland of East”. Situated at an altitude of 1496 m above sea level Shillong remained the capital of Assam till 1974. The place, people and climate has made Shillong a favorite tourist destination in India. Cherrapunji lies at a distance of 56 kms still holds the all-time record for the most rainfall in a calendar month. Mausynram instead now ho0ld the wettest place on this planet. Enroute visit to Umium Lake a placid beautiful lake set amidst the sylvian hills. Upon arrival hotel check in. Visit to Market of Shillong explore the beauty of the bazaar and people. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Shillong (excursion tour of Cherrapunji and others)
After breakfast leave for day long tour of some of the exotic places of Meghlaya. The sightseeing includes of Cherrapunji- Mausynram. Witness the great Nohsngithiang falls. The place has other very interesting attractions not to be missed they are the Dain-Thlen Falls, Noh-Kalikai Falls, Noh-Sngithiang Falls and also drive to the Mawsmai Cave, Thangkharang Park and the Living root Bridge. Return to Shillong. En route visit Shillong Peak. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 03: Shillong- Guwahati-Jorhat (Flight departing 12:45 hrs)
After breakfast you will be transferred to Guwahati Airport to board the flight to Jorhat the flight departs at 12:45 hrs and reaches Jorhat at 13:40 hrs. Guest received at Jorhat Air Port /Railway Station, Marioni or Jorhat on 3:00pm and drive towards Nimati Ghat(bank of the river Brahmaputra) for last Ferry on 4:00 pm. On 5:00pm guest received by our person at Kamalabari Ghat ( the other bank of the river Brahmaputra at Majuli side) and drive towards Lodge and night stay at Lodge.
Majuli Island by ferry. Majuli Island- Majuli is the biggest River Island in the world of Brahmaputra River and considered to be the first Island District of India. The Nimati Ghat is about 20 kms from Jorhat city. Upon arrival check in to bamboo cottage. Explore the many community and their day to day routine. Explore the migratory birds, local crafts-Handicrafts and Pottery, Mask Making etc. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Majuli Island
Morning at 8:30am drive to the holly Auniati Satra and attend at the morning pray, view historical relics at Auniati Satra, view Mask Cultures (Made by Chamoguri Satra, that was displayed at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the performing Art, New Delhi, Vishwa Bharati University, kolkota which was awarded by the President of India), view Dakhinpat Satra, view the spots of Migratory Birds ( Migratory Birds are available only from middle of November up to February),enjoy one of the Falk Dance(Satriya Dance/Missing Bihu/Assamese Bihu) at a village(on demand), Night Stay at the Cottage.
Day 05: Majuli Island-Jorhat (By Transfer)-Guwahati (Flight departing 14:15 hrs)
After breakfast leave the Lodge at 7:00am and drive towards general ferry to Kamalabari Ghat at 8:30am. Received guest at Nimati Ghat on 10:00am towards Jorhat city, Jorhat Air Port and Railway Station, Marioni or Jorhat.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Shillong||Hotel Monsoon||Hotel Royal Heritage||Hotel Polo Tower|
|Majuli Island||Bamboo Cottage/Lodge||Bamboo Cottage/Lodge||Bamboo Cottage/Lodge|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||17250||19990||22900|
|Child/Extra person with bed||On Request|
|Child without bed||On request.|
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Bed Tea, Buffet/Fixed menu breakfast at Shillong.
- All transfers & sightseeing by 01 Ac Indigo Car for Guwahati-Shillong-Guwahati and Bolero car for Jorhat-Majuli-Jorhat.
- Local English Speaking guide for 1 day during sightseeing.
- Assistance upon arrival at Jorhat Airport & Ghat.
- All meals while stay in Bomboo Cottage/Lodge at Majuli Island.
- Transfer from Ghat-Majuli-Ghat.
- This package is valid for Indian passport holders only.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Any train/Airfare.
- Entrance/Guide other than not included above/camera fees, expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone,Ferry Charge9Directly payable of Rs.20/- in case of car charge will be Rs.800, beverages, Insurance cover etc.
- Any difference arising due to increase in fuel price or change in taxes levied by the government.
- Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, bandhs/strikes, natural calamities like landslides, road blockages etc. In such a case, the extra cost would have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Anything other than not included in the above “Inclusions” sections.
- service tax as per applicable.
- Valid till March 2018. (Except Monsoon Season)
- In case of honeymoon trip ask for Honeymoon kit. The same can be organized at a very nominal fees.
- There will be supplement charges for room heater if available and on direct payable basis.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport. Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
- The infrastructure of that sector is not very advanced & one should not expect & match the facility with the city & other developed destinations. Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires and allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.