Romance under the Cloud.
05 nights/06 days
Day 01: Bagdogra/NJP-Darjeeling (72 kms/3.5 hrs)
Pick- up from Bagdogra airport/NJP railway station & transfer to Darjeeling (7100 ft), the Queen of the hill stations, its name derived from Dorje-Line which means the place of Dorje, the mystic thunderbolt. After a very scenic drive thru the mountains, tea gardens etc. It is an experience of unforgettable beauty. Reach Darjeeling & check-in at hotel.
Spend the evening lazing around or walk up to the mall area & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 02: Darjeeling (Full day local sightseeing)
Start the day at 4 am with an early morning trip to Tiger Hill (7800 Ft) to catch the sunrise from behind the majestic Kanchenjunga range. On the way back visit the Ghoom Monastery & Batasia Loop, back to the hotel for breakfast.
(09:00 AM TO 05:00 PM) After breakfast, proceed for a half day Darjeeling local sightseeing of the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Ropeway, Zoo, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugees Self Help Centre, Tea Garden (outer view) & Japanese Temple. Back to the hotel by evening; take a walk to Chowrasta the centre point of the Mall area. You can do some window shopping & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 03: Darjeeling-Gangtok (96 kms/3.5 hrs)
After breakfast, proceed to Gangtok (5500ft) the Land of the Pristine and unspoilt natural
beauty–Sikkim with alpine landscapes and thick luxuriant forests, rivers in torrent and peaceful lakes.
Reach Gangtok by afternoon & check-in at the hotel. Relax & refresh yourself & then walk to the mall which is just 5 minutes away & overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 04:Gangtok-Tsomgo Lake-Gangtok
After breakfast, proceed to Tsomgo Lake (12,313 ft), a 40kms drive which takes 2.5 hrs. This lake is located very close to Nathula Pass which is the entry point to China termed as the Silk Route & remains frozen for most parts of the year. Legend has it that the Lamas use to forecast the future by studying the colour of the lakes waters. Enjoy the surroundings, majestic snowy peaks which feed the lake and the clean fresh air, back to Gangtok by 3 pm for a late lunch. Evening free for leisure or go shopping for Sikkimese traditional handicrafts & overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 05: Gangtok (Full day local sightseeing)
After breakfast, visit to Tashi View Point to view Mt. Khangchendzonga. Situated 8kms from the town, this point offers a breath taking view of the majestic peak & surrounding hills. Also can be seen are the monasteries at Phodong & Labrang. On the return visit Hanuman Tok (7200 Ft), temple devoted to Hanuman. From the temple you can also get a bird’s eye view of the Selep waterworks which supplies drinking water to the Gangtok town. Near this temple which is maintained by the Army, is Lukshyama- the royal cremation grounds of the erstwhile royal family of Sikkim. Then go to Ganesh Tok (6500Ft), a temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha which is so small in size that it can hardly accommodate one person & one has to crawl to get inside, The Handicraft & Handloom Showroom, which promotes traditional arts & crafts, a veritable storehouse of exquisite carpets, blankets, shawls in Lepcha weaves; The Flower Show, which contains over 200 species of orchids set amidst a beautiful landscape; Do-Drul Chorten (Stupa) which is one of the most important stupas of Sikkim, built by the head of the Nyingma order- Trullshi Rimpoche in 1945. It contains rare details of Dorji Phupa, Holy Books, Mantras and is
encircled by 108 prayer wheels; The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology built in 1958 in traditional style, a renowned worldwide centre for the study of the Mahayana Buddhist philosophy & religion, a treasure house of rare Thankas, statues, over 200 Buddhist icons and prized objects of art & finally Ban Jhakhri Waterfalls, back to the hotel by late afternoon,
Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Evening free for leisure or go shopping for Sikkimese traditional handicrafts & overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 06: Gangtok-Bagdogra/NJP drop (130 kms/5 hrs)
After breakfast, checkout from the hotel & proceed to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station for onwards destination.
Supplement for Innova:
In case upgraded to a mix of 01 AC Innova/Xylo/Scorpio for Transfers & Sightseeing, add Rs. 5000 to the total cost.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Darjeeling||Princess Hotel/Darjeeling Palace||Hotel Yuma (Lux)/Rodhi resort-Dlx/Golden Heights||Viceroy Hotel/Pine Tree Resort/Montana Resort/Sian Resort|
|Gangtok||Comfort Inn||Temi House/Sikkim Retreat-lux/Crowne De La Cruz/Dewchen retreat/Maya Inn (Pure veg)||Yangthang Heritage/Keepsa Residency- Sup Dlx|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 14990||₹ 17290||₹ 26050|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 3850||₹ 5490||₹ 9990|
|Child without bed||₹ 1790||₹ 3200||₹ 6800|
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Buffet or fixed menu breakfast with bed tea.
- All transfers & sightseeing by 01 NAC Wagon R/NAC Sumo or similar NON AC vehicle/ Ex Bagdogra/NJP which is not on disposal, but point-to-point basis.
- Gangtok local sightseeing would be by 01 NAC Wagon R for 02 pax and 01 NAC Wagon R for 04 pax and above.
- Rates valid for Indian National only.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Airfare/Train Fare
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees, Guide/Escort charges and Insurance cover.
- Anything other than not included in the above “price includes of” sections.
- Visit to Zero Point in Lachung @ 3300 per vehicle will be extra on the total cost.
- Visit to Nathula Pass (Indo-China border) @ 6800 per vehicle extra on the total cost.
- Joy ride on the train in Darjeeling @ 550 per person ticket + 600 per vehicle extra on the total cost.
- Visit to Gurudormar Lake (Lachen) @ 2300 per vehicle extra on the total cost.
- Cost arising due to force majeure factor like due to mishaps, bandhs/strikes, natural calamities like landslides, road blockage etc. due to whatsoever reason. In such case the extra cost would have to be paid directly on the spot directly.
- Govt service tax as per applicable.
- • Valid till March 2018.
• In case of honeymoon trip ask for Honeymoon kit. The same can be organized at a very nominal fees.
• There will be supplement charges for room heater if available and on direct payable basis.
• Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
• The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year
• Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
• Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
• It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
• The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
• The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason
• Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
• Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis
• Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
• Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
• In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport. Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
• The infrastructure of that sector is not very advanced & one should not expect & match the facility with the city & other developed destinations. Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires and allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.