Nepal Kathmandu with Pokhara Trip
05 nights/06 days
Day 01: Kathmandu
Meeting at airport upon arrival by Office Personnel. Transfer to hotel. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal and the Kathmandu Valley is the political and cultural heart of the Kingdom.
The urban sprawl that makes up modern Kathmandu is in fact two cities, Patan and Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu
This morning you will be taken for a visit of the Hindu culture in Nepal, Pashupatinath. This is the place where holy saddhus pray. The Pashupatinath Temple is a famous, sacred Hindu temple dedicated to Pashupatinath and is located on the banks of the Bagmati River 5 kilometres north-east of Kathmandu Valley in the eastern city of Kathmandu the capital of Nepal. This temple is considered one of the sacred temples of Hindu faith .The temple serves as the seat of the national deity, Lord Pashupatinath. This temple complex is on UNESCO World Heritage Sites's list since 1979. This "extensive Hindu temple precinct" is a "sprawling collection of temples, ashrams, images and inscriptions raised over the centuries along the banks of the sacred Bagmati River". We then continue to the holiest shrine for the Buddhist culture in Nepal, Bouddhanath, with its large stupa, this is the place where all devout Buddhists come for a pilgrimage. After completion of these two spots, you will be taken take you for a visit to Patan. Also known as Lalitpur , the city of beauty is separated from Kathmandu only by the Bagmati River and is the second largest town in the valley. Lalitpur is fragmented from other cities due to its substantive architectural ancient masterpieces. Patan's central Durbar Square is absolutely packed with temples: It’s an architectural center point with a far greater concentration of temples per sq. meter than in Kathamandu or Bhaktapur. Within the city also lies the Tibetan refugee center, home to most of the valley's Tibetan population. While technically refugees, the Tibetans are some of the wealthiest people in the valley because of the carpet industry they operate. For those looking to bring home a fine Tibetan carpet, this is the place to shop. You will then go to Swayambhunath the golden spire of the 5th-century Swayambhu stupa is adorned with a colorful fluttering of prayer flags; it crowns a hill overlooking the Kathmandu Valley and offers fantastic views over the city of Kathmandu. Swayambhunath is one of the most recognizable symbols in Nepal and the painted eyes of Buddha watch all who ascend the worn stone steps.
Day 03: Kathmandu / Pokhara (210 KMS/7 hrs)
Drive to Pokhara. Pokhara is 210 kms from Kathmandu and is a 7 hours’ drive approx. From Pokhara town (2,352 feet) in good weather there are splendid views right from the hotel.
On the way you have an option of doing river rafting or visit the Manakamna Temple “Goddess of Fulfilling Wishes” where you are taken by a cable ride of 9 mins. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Pokhara
This morning you will go for a excursion trip to Sarangkot. Sarangkot is the most popular tourist destination from where the tourist can enjoy the great view of the Pokhara Valley and the magnificent view of the mountains. Sarangkot is only 13 kms from Lake Side, Pokhara. Sarangkot is the highest view point for a sunrise and it is just 1592m high. Sarangkot is cooler than Pokhara. Sarangkot can be reached easily by 45 to 60 minutes by a car ride to the top from Pokhara. Many tourists come to Sarangkot for sunrise view and go back.
Paragliding can also be done from Sarangkot. From Sarangkot, on the northern direction we can see Dhaulagiri in the far west. Annapurna range is visible when the weather is clear on the same side. On the southern direction the village overlooks the city of Pokhara and its lake on the north-western outskirts of the city.
This afternoon you will visit Bindebasini Temple. This is one of the oldest temples in Pokhara was a part of Kaski Kingdom, the main deity of the temple,Goddess Durga, was brought from India . Apart from the peace and tranquility that can be felt in this region, the premises of the temple offers a good view of the Himalaya on a clear day. The temple is in the area of the bazaar, hence,a journey of the old bazaar can be combined with a visit to the temple. Sightseeing to Devi’s fall, also known as Patale Chango is an awesome waterfall lying 2 km southwest of Pokhara. During summer and rainy season, the waterfall takes its real form, with gushing water splashing and making its way through the rocks. Just opposite of Devi’s fall, on the other side of the road, there is Gupteshwor Cave. This cave is popular for the different natural forms made from limestone deposits. Photography is strictly prohibited inside the cave. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Pokhara-Kathmandu
Drive back to Kathmandu retracing the same path & transfer to hotel. Rest day at leisure. One can indulge in shopping or visit the casinos trying their lady luck. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Kathmandu-Airport departure transfer
Morning will be comparatively free and closer to the time of your flight, you will be transferred to the airport in time to board your flight for onward journey.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Kathmandu||Themel/Heritage/The Nana Hotels-Non AC Room/||Manang/Temple Inn/Nepal Tara/Amadablam/Moonlight/
|Vaishali/Grand/Summit Residency/Mirage Lords Inn/Tibet|
|Pokhara||Hotel Center Lake/Dream Pokhara||Dandelion/Kantipur/Utsav Himalaya/||Mount Kailash Resort/land Mark/Lake Side Retreat|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 14200||₹ 16780||₹ 17950|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 6780||₹ 7600||₹ 11150|
|Child without bed||₹ 1990||₹ 2959||₹ 3750|
- Accommodation at above mentioned hotels or Similar in base category rooms.
- Welcome refreshing drink upon arrival. (Non Alcoholic)
- Daily bed tea, buffet/fixed menu breakfast.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per above itinerary by Non AC Vehicle.
- Toll taxes, Parking charges, drive allowance, Interstate taxes.
- Rates valid only for INDIAN NATIONAL.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees, Guide/Escort charges and Insurance cover.
- Anything other than not included in the above “Inclusions” sections.
- The service of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.
Extensions of tour programme or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Govt service tax.
- Valid till March 2018.
- In case of honeymoon trip ask for Honeymoon kit. The same can be organized at a very nominal fees.
- A valid Indian passport or an election Id is the only valid document for adults ( 18 yrs & above)for travel to Kathmandu by air.
- For children below the age of 18 years the school or college id suffices. The id should clearly reflect the traveller’s picture, school or college name, date of birth as well as the class in which the student is studying. Request that this be checked with Indian Immigration authorities at your end too. This information stands good while writing this mail. Do update yourself for any changes. This information is correct as of today and cannot be held liable just in case anyone is not allowed to board or the Govt of India changes the regulations.
- Hand-phone SIM card:Upon arrival in Kathmandu at the International Airport better known as “Tribhuwan International Airport”. After collecting your baggage there are Two Telephone companies known as “NCell & NTC (Nepal Telecommunication).They have a Stall each. One Passport size photo and a copy of the passport will be required. One can purchase a Sim. Activation time is 10 mins on an average. Cost is Inr 150 per Sim which can be topped off as per requirement. It will be a 3G card. We are not in a position to take out the Sim in advance. Above is subject to change as per the Telecommunication Regulations
- Each passenger is allowed to carry Inr.25000 in total of Inr.500 & Inr.1000 notes while travelling to Nepal.
- ADHAR CARD/ PAN CARD / DRIVING LICENSE IS NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO TRAVEL TO NEPAL BY AIR
- There will be supplement charges for room heater if available and on direct payable basis.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport. Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
- The infrastructure of that sector is not very advanced & one should not expect & match the facility with the city & other developed destinations. Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires and allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.
- Car : Ford / Fiat / Manza /Swift Dezire : (only 4 Heads are allowed and the car does not have any overhead carrier )
- 5 - 6 Adults : Scorpio / similar
- 7 - 14 adults : Toyota "Hiace" Van having 14 seats. Do view the web site http://www.toyota.com.my/hiace/ which features the vehicle
Extra Cost A/c vehicle supplement throughout the trip:
- Car : Inr. 4400 for the entire trip
- Scorpio: Inr. 5750 for the
- Toyota Hiace van : Inr. 6300 for the entire trip
- Half Day sightseeing is for 3 hours. Full day sightseeing is for 6 hours. For e.g. Pashupatinath & Boudhnath is a Half Day Trip.