Guided group departures for Iceland
07 nights/08 days
Day 01: TUE/FRI:Welcome to Iceland (50 km/31 mls)
Upon arrival meet and greet and individual transfer by Flybus shuttle bus from Keflavik Airport to Icelandair Hotel Natura in Reykjavík where you spend the night. If you book the tour without accommodation the transfer is offered to BSI bus station. We provide you with ideas how to explore Iceland's capital on your own. Dinner suggestions as well!
Day 02: WED/SAT: Volcano Crater, Seals,Fjords and Mountains (425 km/264 mls)
At 09:00 meet our tour guide and depart from Icelandair Hotel Natura. Travel west, passing the town of Borgarnes and climb the Grábrók volcano crater. In the afternoon visit a natural history & seal museum in a small fishing village in Northwest Iceland and stroll around the local harbour. Further north we stop at the turf church of Víðimýri which has been extensively restored to its original form and is widely considered one of the purest and most beautiful examples of traditional Icelandic architecture. We continue along scenic fjord landscape and over several mountain passes until we reach Akureyri, the capital of North Iceland. Overnight location is either at Icelandair Hotel Akureyri or on your own.
Day 03: THU/SUN: The Capital or North Iceland, Lake Myvatn and Geothermal Baths (120 km/75 mls)
In the morning we explore Akureyri, a charming town of 17000 inhabitants, visit the botanical garden and enjoy the panoramic view over Eyjafjörður fjord. In the afternoon we travel to an important spot in Iceland's history, Goðafoss, the waterfalls of the Gods. We continue to Lake Mývatn which is known for its geological wonders and active bird life during summer. We stop at the bizarre lava formations at Kálfaströnd followed by a walk around the many pseudo craters and end an exciting day with a relaxing soak at Mývatn Nature Baths that contains a unique blend of minerals, silicates and geothermal micro-organisms. The warm soothing waters benefit both skin and spirit alike. Overnight location is either at Sel-Hotel Mývatn or on your own.
Day 04: FRI/MON:Lava Labyrinth, Hot Springs and Travel East (250 km/155 mls)
In the morning we hike in a lava labyrinth at Dimmuborgir "the dark castles", hoping to get a glimpse of the trolls who are said to live there. After an optional lunch we visit the hot spring area of Námaskarð with bubbling mud pools and steaming solfataras. We head through the uninhabited highlands and moonlike surrounding to East Iceland. With some luck we might spot an Arctic fox or see reindeer. From June to August the tour includes a detour to Dettifoss, Europe's most powerful waterfall in the northern part of Vatnajökull National Park. Overnight location is either at Icelandair Hotel Hérað or on your own.
Day 05: SAT/TUE: Fjords, Glacier and Ice (470 km/292 mls)
It's a day to admire the dramatic fjord landscape and its tiny fishing villages at the end of twisty roads in the East Fjords and on route we visit an interesting stone and mineral collection. In the afternoon we see Vatnajökull – Europe's biggest glacier that is visible all over Southeast Iceland. Past the town of Höfn, we stop at Jökulsárlón, a glacial lagoon filled with floating icebergs, and we explore the extraordinary site and might see seals swimming in arctic waters. You can walk on the black sandy beach where large icebergs get stranded. Depending on the season optional boat trips are available. We travel along the southern part of the glacier Vatnajökull and spend time at Europe's largest national park, which has Iceland's highest mountains, an alpine environment, and Europe's largest glacier. Overnight location is either at Icelandair Hotel Kirkjubæjarklaustur or on your own.
Day 06:SUN/WED: South Coast (240 km/149 mls)
A beautiful drive with many natural wonders awaits us today as we head across the Eldhraun lava field, cross the sandy desert of the south coast, overlooked by mountainous cliffs, glaciers and waterfalls. We stroll along the black lava beach of Reynisfjara near Vík. In the small village of Skógar there is Skógafoss waterfall which is 60 meters high and is one of the most impressive waterfalls in the country. Further west we stop at the Eyjafjallajökull Information Center and learn about living next to a glacier and an active volcano. We continue to the high but narrow Seljalandsfoss waterfall which plunges over the mountain. There is an interesting trail that goes behind the fall – if you are prepared to get wet! Overnight location is either at Icelandair Hotel Flúðir or on your own.
Day 07: MON/THU: Icelandic Horses and Golden Circle (160 km/99 mls)
We explore classics today as we travel the route of the Golden Circle sights. We start the day at Friðheimar, where you learn about the Icelandic horse, its special qualities and history and visit a geothermal greenhouse. Later on we see steam from the Geysir geothermal fields as we arrive. There is a variety of hot springs and bubbling pools. The original geyser is now dormant but has been replaced by Strokkur "the Churn" which erupts at 5-10 minute intervals. We continue to Gullfoss, "the golden falls", which is a double waterfall that tumbles 34 meters into the Hvítá river and attracts travelers in summer and winter. We travel inland to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. As we return to Reykjavík, we take you for a short city tour to show highlights of the world's northernmost capital. Overnight is either at Icelandair Hotel Natura or on your own.
Day 08: TUE/FRI Departure Home (50 km/31 mls)
Individual transfer by Flybus airport shuttle to Keflavík Airport.
DAILY DRIVING: Total mileage without airport transfer is 1.665 km (1.032 miles) which is an average of 278 km (172 miles) per day. You spend about 4 hours per day on the bus, depending on road conditions, traffic and daily distances. On some days the driving might be longer than on some other days.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
Icelandair Hotel Natura for first and last night /
Icelandair Hotel Akureyri (1 night) and Hotel Sel-Mývatn at Lake Mývatn (1 night) /
Icelandair Hotel Hérað (1 night) /
Icelandair Hotel Kirkjubæjarklaustur (1 night) /
Icelandair Hotel Flúðir (1 night).
Pre-paid dinners are available at the 4 country hotels.
Tour Price: Price in Euro
|Service/Room Type||Jan 2017-May 2017||June 2017-Aug 2017||Sep 2017-Dec 2017||Jan 2018-April 2018|
|in double or twin room incl. breakfast||€ 1,630||€ 2,290||€ 1,785||€ 1,860|
|in single room incl. breakfast||€ 1,980||€ 3,095||€ 2,185||€ 2,330|
|Price without accommodation (no meals)||€ 810||€ 900||€ 900||€ 960|
|Optional 3-course dinner package for 4 nights||€ 288||€ 288||€ 288||€ 312|
- Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS Plus shuttle (no guide).
- Fully escorted 6-day bus tour with an English speaking guide.
- Visit to natural history & seal museum in Hvammstangi.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in Iceland, in rooms with shower/wc.
- 7 x breakfast.
- Visit to Viðimýri turf church.
- Entrance with towel at Mývatn Nature Baths.
- Admission to Petra’s Stone and Mineral Collection in the East Fjords.
- Multimedia presentation at Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Information Center.
- Visit to Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse.
- Use of snow & ice gripper spikes and a flash light for winter departures.
- Air Tickets
- Visa and Insurance.
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees.
- Anything other than not included in the above “price includes of” sections.
- Optional tour price.
- Cost arising due to force majeure factor.
- Govt service tax as per applicable.
- Valid till 31st May 2018.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year.
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport)
- Early check in & late check out is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis.
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport. Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
NOTE: During the off season, from September to May, in rare cases, a change of itinerary might be necessary especially for winter programs in Iceland, should snow, road and weather conditions not allow to follow the scheduled itinerary, and certain outdoor activities/day trips might be cancelled. In this case no refund will be given, but Bharat Darshan Tours will try to find reasonable alternatives where and whenever possible.
All tours are guaranteed departures:
- Tours listed with "on request" are operated but have only 1-2 rooms available or unsold rooms had been returned to hotels.
- If you like to have more time to explore Reykjavik then we suggest adding a pre- or post-night in Iceland's capital
- Note that there is limited day light, about 5-6 hours, for departures mid-November to End of January. For your information the shortest day light in Iceland is on the 21st of December, about 4 hours.
- LANGUAGES:English only
- Note that hotel list is subject to change.
- DEPARTURES 2017: Every Friday all year round and May, October, November & December additionally every Tuesday
- DEPARTURES 2018: Every Tuesday & Friday all year round
- DURATION:8 days / 7 nights
- TOUR START:Arrival in Iceland is on Tuesdays or Fridays. Guided bus tour starts on Wednesdays or Saturdays at 09:00
- END OF TOUR: The guided tour ends on Mondays or Thursdays between 16:00-18:00 for a last overnight in Reykjavík. Departure from Iceland is on Tuesdays or Fridays.
Bookings and Further Information: In general there is a non-refundable booking fee/deposit of up to 20 % in order to secure space on the tour. Once paid in full, we will send the vouchers and travel documents. Unfortunately we do not offer an online-booking engine and online-payment system for this tour.
There is the option to book the complete trip without accommodation and to make your own overnight arrangements or even go camping. Please note that daily pick up/drop locations are at the hotels listed above; but please reconfirm with us the exact hotel list for your travel dates. Extra transfers are not available and not included. Therefore make sure that your own accommodation arrangements are within walking distance from the hotels used during this tour or you need to arrange taxi transfers on your own expense.
MEALS: 7x breakfast when tour is booked with accommodation. Pre-paid dinners are available at 4 country hotels used for this tour (see above).
GROUP SIZE: Guaranteed departures / Maximum group size: 30 persons
Note regarding pricing:
- Most double rooms in Iceland are actually twin bedded rooms. When travelling with a child, there is a possibility to add a little bed in the double room.
- Triple rooms not available for this tour
- Optional 3-course dinner package for 4 nights in the countryside is available at Myvatn, Egilsstaðir, Kirkjubæjarklaustur & Fluðir if booked in advance. Clients have the choice between a regular menu and a vegetarian menu, both including local products and the Icelandic touch of the chefs. Please note that these menus can change without notice depending on the time of the year and the everyday offer on ingredients
|2017 Departures: Friday to Friday or Tuesday to Tuesday, groups with 30 persons maximum per group|
|92-01||30.12.16-06.01.17||not available||92-02||06.01.-13.01.17||not available||92-03||13.01.-20.01.17||not available|
|92-04||20.01.-27.01.17||sold out||92-05||27.01.-03.02.17||not available||92-06||03.02.-10.02.17||sold out|
|92-07||10.02.-17.02.17||sold out||92-08||17.02.-24.02.17||not available||92-09||24.02.-03.03.17||not available|
|92-10||03.03.-10.03.17||sold out||92-11||10.03.-17.03.17||sold out||92-12||17.03.-24.03.17||sold out|
|92-13||24.03.-31.03.17||sold out||92-14||31.03.-07.04.17||sold out||92-15||07.04.-14.04.17||sold out|
|92-16||14.04.-21.04.17||sold out||92-17||21.04.-28.04.17||sold out||92-18||28.04.-05.05.17||sold out|
|93-19||02.05.-09.05.17||sold out||92-19||05.05.-12.05.17||sold out||93-20||09.05.-16.05.17||sold out|
|92-20||12.05.-19.05.17||sold out||93-21||16.05.-23.05.17||sold out||92-21||19.05.-26.05.17||sold out|
|93-22||23.05.-30.05.17||sold out||92-22||26.05.-02.06.17||sold out||92-23||02.06.-09.06.17||available|
|92-24||09.06.-16.06.17||on request||92-25||16.06.-23.06.17||on request||92-26||23.06.-30.06.17||on request|
|92-27||30.06.-07.07.17||on request||92-28||07.07.-14.07.17||not available||92-29||14.07.-21.07.17||available|
|2018 Departures: Friday to Friday or Tuesday to Tuesday, groups with 30 persons maximum per group|
|92-17||27.04.-04.05.18||available||93-18||01.05.-08.05.18||on request||92-18||04.05.-11.05.18||on request|
|93-19||08.05.-15.05.18||on request||92-19||11.05.-18.05.18||on request||93-20||15.05.-22.05.18||on request|
|92-20||18.05.-25.05.18||on request||93-21||22.05.-29.05.18||on request||92-21||25.05.-01.06.18||on request|