Escape to Bhutan by Surface
05 nights/06 days
Day 01: Arrival NJP/ IXB to Pheuntsholing (Approx 4-5 hrs drive)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP / IXB & transfer to Pheuntsholing – The Gateway of Bhutan by Road from India, Pheuntsholing (also sometimes spelled Phuntsholing) is the second largest town in Bhutan (population around 40,000) and is located on the Indian border, next to the town of Jaigaon. Evening free. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Pheuntsholing to Thimphu (Approx 178 km/6-7 hrs drive)
Breakfast at the hotel. On 09 a.m onwards permit has to be obtained at Department of Immigration (Permit procedure may take times). After Permit, drive to Thimphu. On the way, visit Kharbandi Gumpha, Confluence of Paro Chu & Thimpu Chu. On arrival at Thimphu check in at the hotel. Overnight in Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimphu Sightseeing Transfer to Paro (Approx. 65 kms – 1.15 hrs drive).
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing (Approx Time Frame: 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m) includes National Memorial Chorten- This stupa was built in 1974 in the memory of Bhutan's third King, His Late Majesty, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, who is popularly regarded as Father of modern Bhutan ; Buddha Point (Kuensel Phodrang), visitors can get a good overview of the Thimphu valley from here; Chang Gangkha Monastery, the oldest temple in the valley; Takin Zoo, Preserve center of Takin - National Animal of Bhutan.
Afternoon transfer to Paro. Check in at the hotel. Overnight at Paro.
Day 04: Paro Sightseeing
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing (Approx. Time Frame: 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m) includes Ta Dzong (National Museum) (open throughout the week except Govt. Holiday. Timing: from 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m ) - the first of its kind which has a collection from natural history to religious paintings and then walk down the trail to visit Rinpung Dzong (also known as Paro Dzong) which has a long and fascinating history.
Afternoon proceed for sightseeing (Approx Time Frame: 2:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m) includes Drukgyel Dzong, the ruined fortress from where Bhutanese repelled several invasion by Tibetan armies. Later visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the Kingdom. Evening stroll at Paro town and peep into some local handicrafts stores. Return at hotel. Overnight at Paro.
Day 05: Paro to Pheuntsholing. Drop to Dooars (Lataguri)
After check out drive to Phuentsholing (Approx 178 km/6-7 hrs drive). Transfer to Dooars in India (Approx. 3 hrs drive). It’s a famous Wild Life Sanctuary for one horned rhino and Indian elephant. O/n stay at hotel / Resort.
Day 06: Dooars (Lataguri) To IXB / NJP
In the morning you can enjoy Jeep safari (Optional- Own Cost) inside the grassland of Dooars to watch the great Indian Rhino in their natural habitat. Later drive to Bagdogra/NJP Station (2 hrs.) to your onward journey.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Pheuntsholing||Hotel Namgey /
Bhutan Residence / Central Hotel /West End Hotel / Hotel Sinchula
|Hotel Park /The Orchid Hotel/Lhaki hotel||Hotel Druk/Similar|
|Thimphu||Hotel Home/ Nirmal Lodge/ Hotel Singye/Hotel Santideva||Wangchuk Resort /Hotel Amodhara /Peaceful Resort/Pedling/Hotel 89|| Hotel Migmar/
|Paro||Pendey Gakiling/City Hotel/ Sonam Trophel||Hotel Drukchen/Galling Resort
|Tiger Nest Resort/Tashi Namgay Resort/ Tenzinling Resort|
|Dooars||Green Castle Resort/similar||Green Castle Resort/Hotel Dreamland/similar||Suncity/Similar|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 21590||₹ 23690||₹ 25585|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 5885||₹ 6955||₹ 9185|
|Child without bed||₹ 3195||₹ 3585||₹ 3895|
- Accommodation at above mentioned hotels or Similar in base category rooms.
- Buffet/Fixed menu breakfast.
- All transfers and sightseeing by NON AC vehicle.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Toll taxes, Parking charges, drive allowance, Interstate taxes.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees, Guide/Escort charges, safari charges and Insurance cover.
- Anything other than not included in the above “price includes of” sections.
- The service of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.
Extensions of tour programme or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Govt service tax.
- Valid till March 2018.
- In case of honeymoon trip ask for Honeymoon kit. The same can be organized at a very nominal fees.
- There will be supplement charges for room heater if available and on direct payable basis.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s(Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport. Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
- Respect the sanctity of the local.
- Local Time: Please inform Guest to adjust their watches and make 30 minutes ahead of IST (Indian time) as Drivers will be following Bhutan time not Indian time + Bhutan Sightseeing points will also follow their country timing if they don’t do so then there may be miscommunication.
- The Bhutanese authorities strictly monitor export of cigarettes as Bhutan is non-smoking country however visitors can smoke at private places only and when they carry the same has to inform the authority that they are carry Cigarettes and for the same they will have to pay the tax (Smoking at Public places/vehicle is punishable)
- Please inform Guest that when they are visiting Dzong (for all Dzong) Guest must put all full sleeve cloths & shoes, Guest wearing half sleeve cloths & sandals are not allowed to enter Dzong & also must avoid head caps while visit Dzong. No photography is allowed inside temples and Dzong.
- Documents required for Indian National: Identification Required for Bhutan ( for Indian national ) : Valid Passport or Election ID Card ( Voters Card ) issued by Election Commission of India. For children ( upto 15 yrs) travelling with their parents - school ID proof, birth certificate copy. Also carry 02 copies passport size photo and photo copy of original ID proof of each person.
- Currency: The Bhutanese unit of currency is the Ngultrum (Nu.). The Ngultrum is pegged to the value of the Indian Rupee. Though Indian Currency is legal tender in Bhutan, denominations of 1000 is not accepted. Please note that while very few businesses in Thimphu accept credit cards (only Visa) and there are few ATMs in Thimphu & Paro town. But for using credit card/ATM transaction charges are very high. It is better to carry cash. Indian National can carry INR upto one lac per pax and foreign national can carry USD 10,000 Per pax without declaration.
- Visitors are advised to be cautious in purchasing old and used items. Customs authorities will not allow any old/used items to be taken out of the country if they have not been certified as non-antique.
- SIM card: When you arrive in Bhutan ( At Phuentsholing border or Paro airport), you can purchase a SIM card ( Tourist prepaid SIM card valid till one month) for your phone and then be able to tap into the local network. Domestic and international calls will likely be far cheaper than using your own phone on your current plan. When you add the new SIM card, this phone will be assigned a phone number that you can then share with your family at home and they can call you directly.
- Maximum Museum/Monastery are closed on Saturday, Sunday & Bhutan Govt. Holiday and time to time it may change as per announcement. If any sightseeing spot is closed due to holiday or special reason alternative sightseeing can be arranged as per the time permit. Itinerary may subject to change depend upon situation and coincidence. Driver/guide may alter the itinerary on the spot as per the circumstances.
- In this sector there is no proper star classification of hotel based on any particular guideline. We have to suggest the property as a similar to particular expected star rating based on rate structure/comparison in service quality/previous feedback received.
- Please note that all good resort properties of Bhutan are situated little far from the main town ( 20-30 min drive) and may not crowded like town area. These are surrounded with touch of Nature , calm & quite atmosphere. If guest have their own preference of location ( Like inside the main town/Near the main town/in nature bounding calm places etc ), kindly let us know before giving final booking.
- In maximum Bhutan hotels , when we book it as double room it is booked as twin ( 02 separate beds) unless we clearly specify it in the rooming list that booking is for couple ( Combined bed/ King size bed). Request you to kindly send us the full naming/rooming list along with rooming type ( Double bed or Twin bed )
- CUSTOMS: The following articles are exempt from duty:
- Personal effects and articles for day to day use by the visitor (b) 1 litre of alcohol (spirits or wine) (c) 200 cigarettes ( Only for above 18 yrs), on payment of import duty of 200% (d) Instruments, apparatus or appliances for professional use (e) Photographic equipment, video cameras and other electronic goods for personal use. You have to complete the passenger declaration form at your port of entry.
- If importing any items to Bhutan which are for sale or gift, they may be liable for customs duty. On departure, visitors are required to fill out a departure form, which will be asked for by Customs authorities.
- Import/export of the following goods is strictly prohibited:(a) Arms, ammunitions and explosives (b) All narcotics and drugs except medically prescribed drugs (c) Wildlife products, especially those of endangered species (d) Antiques
- Imports of plants, soils etc. are subject to quarantine regulations. These items must be cleared on arrival.
- Permits: On Arrival Permit has to be obtained at Paro International Airport for tourist travelling by Air or at Phuentsholing border while travelling by road.
- Permit issued from Phuentsholing & Paro is Valid for Thimphu & Paro Only. For Indian National, Bhutan entry permit is given maximum for 7 days and it can be extended upto 30 days and extension of permit can be done from Immigration Office Thimphu.
- Special Permit for Punakha, Wangdue, Phobjika, Trongsa, Bumthang, etc. is issued from Department of Immigration Office Thimphu.
- Department of Immigration Office Thimphu is Closed on Saturday, Sunday & National Holidays.
- Department of Immigration Office Thimphu may remain closed without prior Notice & immediate declaration of Holidays.
- Permit procedure at Department of Immigration, Phuentsholing may take time and guest should keep the patience until the permit is done.