Darjeeling with Bhutan Trip
07 nights/08 days
Day 01: Bagdogra/NJP-Darjeeling
Meet & greet at Bagdogra airport/NJP railway station & transfer to 72 kms drive taking around 3.5 to reach Darjeeling (7100 ft), the Queen of the hill stations, its name derived from Dorje-Line which means the place of Dorje, the mystic thunderbolt. After a very scenic drive thru the mountains, tea gardens etc. It is an experience of unforgettable beauty. Reach Darjeeling & check in at hotel. Spend the evening lazing around or walk up to the mall area & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 02: Darjeeling (full day local sightseeing)
Start the day at 4 am with an early morning trip to Tiger Hill (7800 Ft) to catch the sunrise from behind the majestic Kanchenjunga range. On the way back visit the Ghoom Monastery & Batasia Loop, back to the hotel for breakfast. (09:00 AM TO 05:00 PM) After breakfast, proceed for a half day Darjeeling local sightseeing of the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Ropeway, Zoo, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugees Self Help Centre, Tea Garden (outer view) & Japanese Temple. Back to the hotel by evening; take a walk to Chowrasta the centre point of the Mall area. You can do some window shopping & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 03: Darjeeling-Mirik-Darjeeling
After breakfast, take a trip to Mirik 6000 Ft – the newest hill-station in the Darjeeling hills. Famous for its squash (the vegetables) & the picturesque lake, this quiet township is also surrounded by gardens which produce some of the finest teas. The lake offers boating and fishing apart from a view of snow-capped peaks. Enjoy the fulfilling experience of Nature in its purest form mingled with the unique culture prevalent here. Spend the rest of the day at Mirik & reach Darjeeling back by
Sunset & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 04: Darjeeling-Bagdogra/NJP drop (72 kms/ 3.5 hrs)-Pheuntsholing (155/4-5 hrs drive)
After breakfast, checkout from the hotel & proceed to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station for onwards destination transfer to Pheuntsholing – The Gateway of Bhutan by Road from India, Pheuntsholing (also sometimes spelled Phuntsholing) is the second largest town in Bhutan (population around 40,000) and is located on the Indian border, next to the town of Jaigaon. Evening free. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 05: Pheuntsholing to Thimphu (178 km/6-7 hrs drive)
Breakfast at the hotel. On 09 a.m onwards permit has to be obtained at Department of Immigration (Permit procedure may take times). After Permit, drive to Thimphu. On the way, visit Kharbandi Gumpha, Confluence of Paro Chu & Thimpu Chu.. On arrival at Thimphu check in at the hotel. Overnight in Thimphu.
Day 06: Thimphu sightseeing. Transfer to Paro (65 kms – 1.15 hrs drive). Paro sightseeing.
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing (Approx Time Frame: 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m) includes National Memorial Chorten- This stupa was built in 1974 in the memory of Bhutan's third King, His Late Majesty, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, who is popularly regarded as Father of modern Bhutan ; Buddha Point (Kuensel Phodrang), visitors can get a good overview of the Thimphu valley from here; Chang Gangkha Monastery, the oldest temple in the valley; Takin Zoo, Preserve center of Takin - National Animal of Bhutan.
Afternoon transfer to Paro and if time permits visit Ta Dzong (National Museum) (open throughout the week except Govt. Holiday. Timing: from 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m ) - the first of its kind which has a collection from natural history to religious paintings and then walk down the trail to visit Rinpung Dzong (also known as Paro Dzong) which has a long and fascinating history.
Day 07: Paro to Pheuntsholing. Drop to Dooars (Lataguri )
After check out drive to Phuentsholing (Approx 178 km/6-7 hrs drive). Transfer to Dooars in India (Approx 3 hrs drive). It’s a famous Wild Life Sanctuary for one horned rhino and Indian elephant. Overnight stay at hotel /Resort.
Day 08: Dooars (Lataguri) To IXB / NJP
In the morning you can enjoy Jeep safari (Optional- Own Cost) inside the grassland of Dooars to watch the great Indian Rhino in their natural habitat. Later drive to Bagdogra/NJP Station (2 hrs) to your onward journey.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Darjeeling||Princess Hotel/Darjeeling Palace||Hotel Yuma (Lux)/Rodhi resort-Dlx/Golden Heights||Viceroy Hotel/Pine Tree Resort/Montana Resort/Sian Resort|
|Phuntsoling||Hotel Namgey/Hotel Sinchula||Hotel Park/The Orchid Hotel/Lhaki Hotel||Hotel Druk|
|Thimphu||Hotel Home/Nirmal Lodge/Hotel Singye/Hotel Santideva||Wangchuk Resort/Hotel Amodhara/Peaceful Resort/Pedding/Hotel 89||Hotel Migmar/River View/|
|Paro||Pendey Gakiling/City Hotel/Sonam Thropel||Hotel Drunken/Hotel Olathang/Galling Resort/Galingkha Resort||Hotel Tenzing Resort/Tiger Nest/Tashi Namgey Resort|
|Dooars||Green Castle resort||Green Castle resort/Hotel Dreamland||Suncity|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 29100||₹ 32900||₹ 39595|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 6995||₹ 8395||₹ 14895|
|Child without bed||₹ 3795||₹ 4195||₹ 7495|
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Buffet or fixed menu breakfast with bed tea.
- All transfers & sightseeing by 01 NAC Wagon R/NAC Sumo or similar NON AC vehicle/ Ex Bagdogra/NJP which is not on disposal, but point-to-point basis.
- Rates Valid for Indian National only.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees, Guide/Escort charges and Insurance cover.
- Anything other than not included in the above “Inclusions” sections.
- The service of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.
Extensions of tour programme or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Govt service tax as applicable.
- Valid till March 2018.
- Carry heavy winter cloths during winter season and light woolen cloths during summer.
- In case of honeymoon trip ask for Honeymoon kit. The same can be organized at a very nominal fees.
- There will be supplement charges for room heater if available and on direct payable basis.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy.
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year.
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts.
- No refund on un-utilized services of the packages.
- Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason.
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis.
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- In case any emergency reason or untoward incidents if same transport is unable to go, alternative arrangement will be there and it may take time to recover the same transport.
- Guest’s cooperation, patient, flexibility is highly expected during this kind of situation.
- The infrastructure of that sector is not very advanced & one should not expect & match the facility with the city & other developed destinations.
- Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires and allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.
- Permit issued from Phuentsholing & Paro is Valid for Thimphu & Paro Only.For Indian National, Bhutan entry permit is given maximum for 7 days and it can be extended upto 30 days and extension of permit can be done from Immigration Office Thimphu.
- Special Permit for Punakha, Wangdue, Phobjika, Trongsa, Bumthang, etc. is issued from Department of Immigration Office Thimphu.
- Please inform Guest to adjust their watches and make 30 minutes ahead of IST (Indian time) as Drivers will be following Bhutan time not Indian time + Bhutan Sightseeing points will also follow their country timing if they don’t do so then there may be miscommunication.
- The Bhutanese authorities strictly monitor export of cigarettes as Bhutan is non-smoking country however visitors can smoke at private places only and when they carry the same has to inform the authority that they are carry Cigarettes and for the same they will have to pay the tax (Smoking at Public places/vehicle is punishable.
- Please be inform visiting Dzong (for all Dzong) Guest must put all full sleeve cloths & shoes, Guest wearing half sleeve cloths & sandals are not allowed to enter Dzong & also must avoid head caps while visit Dzong.
- No photography is allowed inside temples and Dzong.
Identification Required for Bhutan ( for Indian national ) :
- Valid Passport or Election ID Card ( Voters Card ) issued by Election Commission of India.
For children ( upto 15 yrs) travelling with their parents - school ID proof, birth certificate copy. Also carry 02 copies passport size photo and photo copy of original ID proof of each pax.
- Currency: The Bhutanese unit of currency is the Ngultrum (Nu.). The Ngultrum is pegged to the value of the Indian Rupee. Though Indian Currency is legal tender in Bhutan, denominations of 1000 is not accepted.
- Please note that while very few businesses in Thimphu accept credit cards (only Visa) and there are few ATMs in Thimphu & Paro town. But for using credit card/ATM transaction charges are very high.
- It is better to carry cash. Indian National can carry INR upto one lac per pax and foreign national can carry USD 10,000 Per pax without declaration.