Buddhism in Bihar
05 nights/06 days
Day 01:Arrival Bodhgaya
Upon arrival meet and assist at the Airport/Gaya Railway station. Transfer to the hotel. Upon arrival hotel check in. Bodhgaya is associated with both Buddhist and Hindu Pilgrimage site. The Bodhgaya is the place where Gautama Buddha have obtained enlightenment under Bodhi Tree after meditating for several years. Overnight at Hotel.
After breakfast visit to Mahabodhi temple-King Ashoka was the first to build a temple here also visit to Bodhi Tree under which Buddha use to sit and meditate also visit to other temple of the country located in and around the temple complex. Later visit to Sujata Village. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 03:Bodhgaya-Barabar Caves-Rajgir (100 kms/3.5 hrs)
After breakfast leave for Rajgir en route covering Barabar Caves known to be the oldest surviving rock cut caves in India dating back to Mauryan Dynasty and was used as a chamber for prayers and worshipping by Buddhist and Jain monks. Continue drive to reach Rajgir. Rajgir was the capital of Magadh Empire in 6th century and Buddha spent some his years here giving discourses. Visit to Gridhrakula, Saptaparni Cave, Ajatsatru Fort and Vishwa Shanti Stupa by ropeway. Also visit to Rajgir Hot Springs. Upon arrival hotel check in. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04:Rajgir-Nalanda-Patna (110 kms/3.5 hrs)
After breakfast leave for Patna. En route visit to World’s Oldest and most organized ancient University. Nalanda the oldest most organized and disciplined university for higher learning with courses available for almost every field be it astronomy, science, medicine, metaphysics, philosophy, Samkhya, Yoga Shastra, the veda and scripture of Buddhism. Nalanda, 10 km from Rajgir known for its monastic university, which at one time played a central role in the development of Buddhism in India, its development is the fact that it had an enrollment of 10,000 students in 2000 under the supervision of teachers. Arrival at Patna check in & overnight at the hotel.
Day 05:Patna-Vaishali-Patna (60 kms/2 hrs one way)
After breakfast leave for Vaishali excursion trip. Upon arrival visit to Shanti Stupa Lord Buddha visited this place frequently and preached his last sermon here in Kolhua to the commemorate the event Emperor Ashoka erected of one of his famous lion pillar here also visit to Vaishali ASI Museum which houses some of the recent findings of Vaishali some of them dates back to Licchavi period. Also visit to Abhishek Pushkarn-A CorronationTank- the water of which was said to be sacred in those days. The stone casket of the sacred ashes of Lord Buddha were enshrined here in Vaishali. Vaishali has Jainism important as well as Lord Mahavira was born here and lived here till he was 22 years old. Visit to Kundalpur the birth place of Lord Mahavira. Raja Vishal Ka Garh the runs leftover is worth visiting as this is said to be the ancient parliament house. Return to Patna have some time to discover this ancient city. You can visit to Kumhrar- the archeological remains of the Mauryan Period the collectively relics range from 600 BC to 600 AD, Gole Ghar a huge granary storage built in 1784 and visit to Buddha Smriti Park which was inaugurated by his Holiness Dalai Lama to commemorate the 2554th birth anniversary of Buddha. This 22 acre park located in the heart of city house the pot containing holy ashes of Buddha inside the main stupa. Previously the pot containing ashes of Buddha was for display in Patna Museum, pot was earlier excavated from Vaishali. The park have a museum, where Buddhist relics from Japan, Myanmar, South Korea, Sri Lanka and Thailand have been installed. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 06:Patna Departure
After breakfast leave for Patna Airport/Railway station for onward journey.
Hotels envisaged as under or SIMILAR:
|Bodhgaya||Hotel Orchid Annexe||Hotel Lumbini International||Hotel Taj Darbar|
|Rajgir||Hotel Vijay (NON AC)||Hotel Siddharth Rajgir||Hotel Nalanda Regency|
|Patna||The Corporate Residence||Hotel Corporate Inn Ashiana||Gargee Grand|
|Per person on twin sharing basis:||₹ 13990||₹ 14995||₹ 19985|
|Child/Extra person with bed||₹ 11995||₹ 3995||₹ 5985|
|Child without bed||₹ 1595||₹ 2955||₹ 4585|
- Accommodation at above mentioned hotels or Similar in base category rooms.
- Bed Tea, Buffet/Fixed Menu Breakfast.
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC Indigo car or Similar as per above program.
- Toll taxes, Parking charges, drive allowance, Interstate taxes.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Airfare/Train Fare
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages.
- Entrance fees, Video/Still camera fees, Guide/Escort charges and Insurance cover.
- Anything other than not included in the above “Inclusions” sections.
- The service of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.
Extensions of tour programme or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Govt service tax.
- Valid till March 2018.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy.
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals, long weekends, and New Year.
- Bharat Darshan Tours LLP reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Prices mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts. No refund on un-utilized services of the packages. Places / sites not visited as per the given tour route of the day, the same spot will not be revisited on guest’s request except on extra payment.
- The tour guide/driver reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason.
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility.
- Early check in & late checkout is subject to availability and on extra chargeable basis.
- Itinerary may change due to any climatic condition / non availability of rooms /other natural circumstances.
- Driver is not the guide. He may assist the guest but one should not expect the same service like professional guide. Driver may not be fluent in International Standard English language.
- Carry good quality camera along as the places are very attractive and would tempted for good photography.Respect the sanctity of the local.
- The infrastructure of some sector may not be very advance and one should not expect and match the facility with the city & other developed destinations. Flexibility is the whole philosophy of this type of tour. One requires to allows on trip alternatives due to untoward reasons.
- The distance and the traveling time mentioned in the itinerary are considered to give you an Idea of the distance and traveling time and excludes of sightseeing duration at given location. The journey time may increase or decrease based on the travelling conditions.